CLIQ Chair exists out of the pursuit of kicking back and all the joyful benefits that go with it. And so it begins with a chair so packable, so sturdy, and so comfortable, there is no doubt CLIQ will help you discover seated bliss. But how do we know that nirvana is found in a bottle-sized camping chair? Check out these 7 health benefits of slowing down, kicking back, and soaking it all in.
- Muscle Relaxation - It’s a no brainer that sitting down allows you to relax your legs and give your muscles a break. But the focused method of “Progressive Muscle Relaxation,” explained by the Mayo Clinic, is known to relieve stress, reduce anxiety, and alleviate chronic pain.
- Decrease Blood Pressure - The “Relaxation Response,” developed by Harvard’s Dr. Herbert Benson has been shown to noticeably reduce blood pressure among other stress related disorders. Grab a CLIQ Chair and see how you feel after practicing the method for 10-20 minutes in the morning.
- Deepen Breath - You don’t need to be Wim Hof to reap the benefits of some controlled breathwork (but seriously check him out!). Taking time to sit down and focus on your breathing can have profound effects on mind and body.
- Slow Down Thoughts - We all know the rapid fire of thoughts that the human mind is capable of when faced with the constant stimulation of everyday life. Kicking back is all about letting that go (if only for a moment) and taking refuge in the silence. Check out this article about “Mindfulness Meditation” in the Harvard Gazette to try it for yourself.
- Reduce Stress - It may be just a natural side effect of all the above, but lowering your stress levels will have a positive effect on your mental and physical health. Studies such as this one in Forbes even suggest that stress levels (as well as sleep) may have a direct impact on your lifespan.
- Stimulate Imagination - Many great things have been created from the seat of imagination. Art, music, books, you name it-- a comfy chair is ground zero for creative freedom. Have writer's block? No worries, get up and go for a stroll.
- Appreciate the Moment - We designed CLIQ Chair with the goal of helping you appreciate the things that matter most: the company of good friends, the sights and sounds of the outdoors, and the joy of being present in each moment. In our view, there’s really nothing more satisfying.